5/08/2022

Home for the Weekend

I told Justin I was going to cry when we turned the canyon corner to go back into Logan. We got to go home for the weekend!


After my high school graduation I told Dad, "I love graduating!" You get to be with all of the people you created core memories with & celebrate your accomplishments with friends and family. Dad responded, "Good, it'll be a long time before you get to do it again." This past weekend I got to graduate from my favorite university in the world, USU.

Justin and I flew into Salt Lake City the night before and drove up to Logan early the next morning. We got to stay with Grandpa and Grandma Wagner at their house after they brought us home laaate from the airport. Thank you!


I couldn't believe graduation had already come and I just wanted to enjoy it all & see as many friends as we could. It was a perfect day. The first ceremony was for all of the graduates in the Spectrum. We started on the Quad and walked with our colleges through campus to the basketball stadium.


People were lined along the route cheering us on with banners & decorated posters. Our procession was led by students playing the bagpipes. I love bagpipes! It made everything all the more nostalgic & sentimental. I didn't know if I was happy or sad, I was just so excited to be back on campus. It was surreal walking sidewalks I had walked hundreds of times, only this time in a black cap and gown. I was with good friends who I had met in classes, through Justin, & ambassadors.


Ambassador admissions staff cheering us on & volunteering



Singing "The Scotsman" for the last time as students

A request was made for a Costa Vida lunch since the closest thing to that in Chicago is Chipotle and Dos Bros & neither quite make the cut. We had lunch with Brynn, one of my old roommates/best friend & some cousins. Lunch was one of the highlights of the day. I love each of those people so much. So blessed to have gone to high school AND college with each of those cousins (Kade, Michael, Addison, Dallin).

One of the reasons we HAD to go back to Logan (besides graduation), was to get gelato from Karrie Ann's. So many good summer memories at this Italian ice/custard truck. It's a seasonal truck & had opened two days before graduation. We snuck in a gelato run right before my college commencement with another old roommate & her family.

Lining up in the Estes before walking into our graduation. My CHaSS Ambassador girls.

I graduated with my BA in Global Communication and a minor in Portuguese.

I was met after my commencement by the best supporters out there. Bless them for sitting through all of that name reading - not an easy feat.



We missed Natalie (& James of course)! She was at her student council orientation.


Clair Canfield - one of my favorite professors of all time. So grateful for what I learned from him & his classes. & so happy that he could finally meet Justin and my parents!

We finished the day off with a dinner at Angie's. So much happiness packed into one day. Like I said, I love graduating. It all came full circle. So grateful to Heavenly Father for letting me meet so many good, good people during my time at Utah State. So happy that Logan is the place that holds my college memories. It was all just so good. I'm not sad because it's over. I am so, so joyful because it happened.

Favorite part of our Sardine Canyon drive

Justin's billboard in Brigham City

Weekend bonus! We got to spend a couple of days in Santaquin & see Natalie win her last lacrosse game. The weather was soooo nice. I've missed the sun in Chicago so it was nice to have it at home.


Another chapter closed & lots more are opening up. Thank you USU! We will be true-blooded Aggies forever. xoxo