5/12/2024

Well done my Wildcat

After sacrament meeting on Sunday, I was talking to a friend when I turned and glanced into the foyer. My eyes stayed in the foyer and it took my brain a second to realize I was looking at Coach Bolton from High School Musical. 

I pointed at him for longer than is socially normal and said, "We need to go get a picture with him." It was the randomest encounter. 

Bart was there with some family members for a small HSM reunion that he had been invited to. They happened to stop by the church & we got some pictures together! His brother, Adam, is also in a few movies we like. 


It was funny and surreal being star struck in that way. I told Bart what a huge fan Justin was and how he would die if he knew that I was talking to him. He asked for my phone and made Justin a nice video. 

Justin, who was at his shootaround, saw the video and made it to the church in pretty good timing to meet Coach Bolton - I mean, pick us up. ;) 

Normally, Justin would prefer to keep to himself and wait in the car since he was in his basketball clothes. This was an exception and I won't forget him walking full speed into the Relief Society room after Sunday School to meet him haha. 

Made his 2024 year! 

Justin happened to have a crazy, once in a lifetime alley-oop dunk that got a lot of attention online. 

Coach Bolton responded, "LETS GOOOOOO!!! We should have gone!! Well done my Wildcat." 2025 year made. Ha!

I don't think I'll ever forget that random, funny encounter.