5/03/2024

A Casual Berlin Week: April 3-10

This whole blog is just a big journal of what we've been experiencing. I'm so grateful for this record of our lives! I'll get asked here and there, like anyone, what I do all day with my time. 

I don't know how to answer because I don't have too many routine events set, besides Logan's naps. Yet, each week is full of good, random things. Plan, say "yes", and go outside. Your week will fill up & you'll be happier (in my opinion). 

So here we go, April 3-10, 2024.

Happened to walk by a random Asian market. It looked crowded, dirty, and smelly from the outside and was just that on the inside too haha. I grabbed an aloe vera drink because I thought I liked them, as well as some frozen custard buns!! We steamed those on the stove and they tasted like nothing but somehow gross... Don't think we'll go back there but it was a funny memory!! 

The blue boxes on the left are passionfruit/lime Oreos!


Logan started to really show an interest in food & wanted to drink whatever we were drinking in the moment. We went to IKEA and bought his baby highchair!!


Little (big) Bean. <3 Cute, cute outfit from Alexa. 


Met one of my dear Brazilian sisters for lunch! Timna works a block from our apartment so we got to get some yummy food during her break. 

She, and so many other friends in our ward are the biggest help with Logan. I think she held him the whole time during this lunch date other than this picture. It's nice for me to relax and not have to have the mental load of taking care of him alone every time I leave the house. 


I look forward to 1:30 PM every Monday afternoon. Cute Hermana Rowley calls Justin and I as soon as she wakes up. I love talking to Courtlyn and hearing about the miracles she's experiencing in Ecuador. God is good & Jesus Christ is leading his church today!


If you go to IKEA to buy a highchair, you can't leave without a chicken hotdog and Italian ice!


A couple of weeks before my birthday, Justin suggested I get a Kindle. It caught me off guard but I couldn't drop the idea so that was my bday gift. I LOVE reading but don't think I've read more than five books since I graduated college. 

Not super convenient to take the train or car to our Berlin library, where the English selection is limited. 

I have loved having my kindle and have read five books in the last month. Makes my reading heart happy. :') You'll be surprised what you have time for when you prioritize it!


GENERAL CONFERENCE! It was perfect and amazing as always. This was during the first session, during the sustaining of the General Authorities. I was overcome with gratitude and the Holy Ghost as I sustained the leaders of the Church. They really are men and women called of God. 

Since we're eight hours ahead of MST, we watch the first four sessions on Saturday and Sunday, finishing the last session throughout the next week when we have time.  


Dodo copycat sandwiches for our lunch intermission: Baguette, turkey, mozzerella, toasted. Microwave bbq sauce and grape jelly for dipping. Mmmmm.


The Berlin Half Marathon was this week. Back in January I really wanted to run it. I was way too late trying to sign up and all of the spots were taken. It was a good thing because my body couldn't have handled nursing Logan, training, and still recovering from his birth. 

Next year!! 



So inspiring to watch all of the different runners. Each with their own story of how they got to where they were that day. & iconic that the finish line is at Brandenburg Gate! No matter how many times I walk through the gate, it takes my breath away each time. It's amazing!!




The cherry blossoms were in full bloom the next day so we got out to Teltow and took them all in. Japan gifted over 9,000 cherry blossom trees to Germany in the 1990s after the Cold War ended. They're scattered throughout the country and we loved spotting them around Berlin.






Another batch of date bark. Hehe my mouth is watering. Dates, peanut butter, chocolate with coconut oil, and raspberries. Layer, freeze, and enjoy!! 


Baby boy is getting so big!


& interactive. 



A walk through the cemetery near our apartment. 


The highlight of this week was hanging out with these guys. Maddy and Hunter headed back to the States the day after our game night. Their semester went quick! I can't believe they're home already. 
We get Sara and Joe here for a couple more years and I'm so grateful for them and their friendship! 

Nothing like some Italian food and Ripple to follow.


A good week. <3 Every week is truly good. We're blessed to fill them with lots of good stuff.