2/03/2024

We Made It

 I've been so happy lately. Not like everything is perfect in our lives happy but a peaceful happy. A peaceful joy. I know a large part of it is due to our perfect little baby who gives us so much purpose and love.

I'm so proud of Justin and I! We were cleaning up dinner last night and Justin said, "Remember when we used to sit out on the balcony and talk about how sad we are and hard this is?"


Those first couple of months were hard. We would sit outside and talk ourselves in circles about the future and all of the unknown outcomes that faced us. We didn't complain but gratitude felt forced at times. We were faking it until we made it. I feel like we're out of that first valley and shock of living in a new country. We've developed friendships, done HARD things together (bringing sweet Logan to this earth!!), jumped into EuroLeague basketball, all while staying close to the Lord.


I'm grateful to feel like I'm at a little peak in this journey. I know we'll keep going and endure things that are coming, but I'm grateful for this present peace.


These two pictures capture my happiness: A sunny day (rare here), flowers from a friend, journaling, remote work, Book of Mormon, Bath & Body candle, milk for my baby. <3



My best friend who I'm sealed to forever and ever with our baby boy.