2/02/2024

Dinner with Walli

We got to have dinner with Walli shortly after Christmas. She's one of my best friends here in Berlin. If someone new is at church, she's almost always the first one to speak to them and invite them over for dinner. It seems she has people over for dinner 2-3 nights per week.


Her apartment was being renovated the last time Justin was over, so he and Logan got to see her new apartment for the first time. (The entryway is still in the renovation process!) Walli lives 5 tram stops away from us. I think she's the closest ward member to our apt.


Also Mom brought me my Ugg dupe shoes from Target and I love them :')



When you walk into her home, you can tell she's travelled the world and it's a part of who she is! She's been to over 100 countries since she turned 50 years old. WOW. We made sure to get our advent centerpiece in our selfie. <3


Walli's cat, Beauty, had never seen a baby. Logan slept peacefully next to the Christmas tree until Beauty came exploring. I swear she looked like she was ready to pounce on Logan so when Walli wasn't looking, we shooed the cat away politely :')


So grateful for good ward members! I've learned a lot about reaching out and forming connections because we're all expats living away from our family. We truly are each other's family and I'm grateful for all of the friend-shipping that we've felt from our ward family.



Had to throw in a Logan picture because this boy is growing!! All of these outfits used to be all wrinkled and swallow him up. Now they stretch over his body and almost don't fit. I love him!!


& watching our #1 guy play all over Europe!