2/02/2024

Polar Bear Plunge 2024!!

Side story: I have a memory of being at the Santaquin library with my mom after the New Year. Maybe 2013?? I remember the librarian telling my mom she doesn't like odd-numbered years. I think of her every New Year and how she's either happy or sad because of the calendar year haha. This year is a happy year!


We have a fun ward. The Smiths invited everyone to their home and Lake Schlachtensee for a polar bear plunge. They also included the need for cheerleaders so Logan and I took that role on and went to support!


I'm jealous of the location of their home. A two minute walk brought us to these steps that lead right down to the lake!! The lake has a three mile walking loop around it so I'll definitely be back in the summer. Maybe do some paddle boarding too?!



I'm not sure who the instigator of the rope swing was but they've had the tradition of swinging/jumping into the lake for a few years! We had about 10 people get in the water and 20 other ward cheerleaders.


Because of the walking path around the lake and the curiosity to see what these crazy Americans were doing, our cheerleading number grew to about 70 people. It was so funny to watch the reactions around us as people swung off the rope into the water. It was 40 degrees that afternoon!


Logan was content napping in his snow suit in the baby carrier.



Love these people!!