9/20/2022

Willingness Opens Doors

One of my USU professors taught me the phrase, "Willingness opens doors". If we're aware of a situation and willing to change or enter into it, there will be opportunity.

Justin and I have been learning sign language for a few months now. We're trying to be better about taking online classes and practicing.


This morning I was on a run and passed a kiosk that was set up.


Coming up to it I saw they were missionaries for another church and they were using ASL (!!). I continued my run and on the way back I stopped and started signing with one of the deaf missionaries.


**Good thing you can be out of breath and still sign because there was no way I was going to carry on a conversation.


I told her I was learning sign language and wanted to learn more. We signed for a little bit, she gave me some websites, and I finished my run.


It made my day! I'm grateful we could be in the right place at the right time and cross paths.