6/14/2022

Moments

I read a caption on Instagram awhile ago about how life is made up of moments. We're not going to remember everything but we can choose to focus and be present during moments. This week was full of a lot of those good, present moments.


Justin grew up golfing & I've been wanting to start a new hobby. So...

We went to Walmart and got practice balls to hit around the backyard with Justin's clubs.

Each morning, Justin and I headed to a church building to get some basketball time in to keep him sharp for this last week of workouts. Andrew joined us one day and got his own workout in too.

Dr. Thorpe! Surgery went well & I'm grateful to be on the road to recovery.

Mom and I hiked to the lookout a couple of times behind our house. The mountains are SO green & beautiful. I have to remind myself to look up & not down at all of the rocks I might trip on along the trail.


We hike the same trail each time but on our way down a few days ago I noticed this white, heart-shaped rock on top of a boulder along the trail. Mom & I took a closer look to discover that every rock on the boulder was in the shape of a heart.


A very tender, cool gesture that someone did about 1 mile up the trail.


More lake time!! One of James' first requests after getting home was to go boating. This was the first picture our "whole" family had taken since he got home.



Summer evenings in the backyard.


Sibling picture outside of our beloved Mi Rancherito.

Loved studying this talk by Tad R. Callister.

& we'll finish it off with a family photo. Our cousin Laura has been up north doing lots of weddings this summer and we were able to snag her for a quick picture in the orchards.


Love this group & I love those moments we've shared together over the last few days.