6/04/2024

End of an Era

Not the end of a huge era, but our May-2024-living-in-Berlin era. I am SO proud of us. What a wild thing it is to say we've lived in Berlin for 9 months and that May has arrived. 

I bore my testimony on Sunday about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. His Atonement is to redeem us from sin and help us become better and change every time we repent and turn to him. His Atonement is also to enable us to become better, stronger, overcome, and endure what we could not alone. 

I've learned and experienced more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ more in these last 9 months than I have in my entire life. I've worked on changing little by little to become a more patient and compassionate person. I've prayed daily to have the strength to do things I could not do on my own. & it's so real! Christ lives and we can use this incredible gift daily in our lives. 

It took time for me to understand, and I have a long way to go, but I'm grateful for the knowledge I know right now for myself. 

So... back to May. <3 

Our fellow Aggie friends were in Berlin and took time to come and say hi!! It made my week.  


With the summer nearing, and our Berlin evenings limited, it was pretty easy reasoning to order our favorite desserts every night haha. 

On May 4, Justin was gone so I only ordered three donuts for myself (haha that's still a lot). But when I opened the box there were FOUR with a happy "May the 4th" note. Bless Brammibals donuts. 


The number of streets and trails around us are endless. This picture happened to be just on the other side of our block. Love the cute European colors and flowering trees.

One of the biggest perks of the time change are our phone calls with Hermana Rowley each Monday!! We get to chat with her while everyone else is asleep. 


The cutest poppies! Except the lawnmower took them out after I debated about picking them and bringing them upstairs. Should've picked them.


We'd driven by this Greek place a few times and decided to check it out. SO yummy. Loved everything we got and the cute, nice owner, Hyatt.



Views driving around town.


The soccer Euro tournament is coming up this summer and it's a big deal. They're building a huge screen to watch the game and covered one of the main roads in Berlin with turf! They're calling it the fan mile and it's right behind Brandenburg Gate. Logan and I took a walk to see the action.


& went through Tiergarten.


Discovered yet another new walk! 



Logan has made the transition to two solid naps during the day. It was about 6:30 and we still had an hour until bedtime to keep Logan awake, so we took a drive to visit Walli. I think it's become tradition to take a mirror pic whenever we go to her apartment.


Sooo proud of this hermana! She's doing so many amazing things and I love her!


& just like that, our last Sunday had arrived. Justin was home and it was so nice to have a Sunday morning together. I love this little family of mine & we loved our month of May.