4/07/2024

Utah

After our plane ride and still feeling a little jet lagged from the time change, this boy was ready for bed... until his uncles got home from Andrew's basketball game. He was wide-eyed and ready to meet them! It was the best feeling to have my siblings finally meet Logan! So much anticipation leading up to that.


And so much anticipation to go inside the temple. It had been about six months since I had last been. Attending the temple regularly is such a blessing. To feel the power and Spirit that comes from renewing covenants with God. Yet, these past six months I learned that power is just the same in remembering and honoring those covenants while not being able to physically attend.

I couldn't help but think of what Justin and I had gone through and how much we had grown together and individually. The growth was positive and firmly founded in God and Jesus Christ. Because of His power that I have access to through my covenants, I made it through experiences that really stretched me! I have a lot more confidence in myself because of Him.


I asked Andrew to take me on a bike ride and before I could back out, we were on the trails behind our house. It was fun and he was sweet and kept looking over his shoulder to make sure I didn't fall off or get lost haha.


Lots and lots of snuggles!



GG Wagner stay down in St. George during the winter Utah months (smart!!), so we made the trip down to see them. I missed them so much. They're two of my go-to contacts to call when I'm home alone. 

St. George feels like a second home with nothing but good memories. Many three day weekends, Spring Breaks, and New Year holidays spent there.




Had to stop at Zeppe's just to say I did! Even if it was 11 AM and custard didn't sound that appetizing.


Logan met his Uncle Greg, Aunt Lisa, and Ashlyn as well while we were down south. 


It was a quick, perfect trip and we're excited to see them again in a couple of months. 


The next days were filled friends, family, napping, and enjoying the mountain views. I love where I grew up. Since the weather wasn't cooperating, we got in a quick pickleball session at the church before Logan woke up from his nap.










Came home from the temple to find Logan's babysitters trying to put him in his baby carrier. Thankfully, I only saw the finished product, not the struggle to get him in there.. Ha!



Andrew had a basketball game on Grandpa Rowley's birthday. Grandpa loved ice cream so we got some to remember him. <3 


I love it when I'm home for game day with Mom's friends!! The Costco snacks are a big plus too. :')


One of the best, best nights!! My girls!!! Not all of them, but a pretty good group right here. So grateful for them and who they are - good to the core! Can't imagine life without them and loved introducing them to Logan. Excited to be reunited for Brynn's wedding coming up!



I'm going to have to buy Logan a baseball cap, or just steal one of his Grandpa's.


Driving through the orchards. One of my favorite things to do with my dad. Drive and talk. <3


Don't tell Justin... Went back to my roots and saw a BYU game. On the way to the game I saw a couple that looked familiar walking down the sidewalk. I asked Mom to drive past them and it was the Sturgells! One of the couples we met in our Memphis branch. We had a little reunion on the sidewalk that made my night. Such a small world.


Yummy açaí bowls and a cute bracelet from Brazil made out of açaí seeds. :')





It was THE BEST being with everyone and having a little break to be home. Logan was an angel with all of the mixed up schedules. In two weeks, he had slept in 4 different places and traveled through three time zones. 

Mom and Dad brought us to the airport and said bye at security. 


Good thing SLC airport has a Pizzeria Limone that makes the goodbyes a *little* easier. 


I had a bassinet reserved on our long flight to Amsterdam. It was a lifesaver. Logan expressed his feelings during takeoff and getting him to take a drink out of my water bottle finally calmed him down. I had three older ladies around me that kept patting my arm and telling me I was doing a good job. I only cried once haha. We had a short flight after that and came home to our #1 guy who we missed SO MUCH.

We love Justin with our whole hearts and couldn't wait to be reunited with him. Grateful for such good families and a perfect husband who made our U.S. visit possible.