11/14/2022

Our October

I love the different seasons and I love new months of the year. Sometimes I feel that I wait all year for October because fall is coming and the Autumn Spice milkshake makes its appearance at Chick fil A. Now it's over and I can't believe how fast time is going.


Our October, as usual, began with hearing inspired messages from leaders of our church. Every April & October we have General Conference, a worldwide conference for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


Justin was on the road for bball so I enjoyed the Saturday sessions with my diamond painting (that we bought when we were dating ha!) & a Saranoni blanket.

Justin was home on Sunday and I attempted my mom's tradition of homemade cinnamon rolls. They were great and I hope I get the motivation to make them again before next conference!

In between sessions, Justin and I went out in search for the famous Memphis sign. We had seen the sign across the river on an island but didn't know how to get to it. We would find ourselves looking on maps and in the same parking lot trying to figure out where it was. Turns out you just need to walk a half mile through a state park undergoing construction that reminds me of an abandoned Jurassic Park & you'll get there!

We spent a lot of October together, trying to figure out where we fit in this community.


Justin's had his path mapped out with basketball. He jumped right in with Grizzly & Hustle training camps. I spent a lot of time trying to find a job I would enjoy and wanted to give myself to.


While we were figuring all of that out, I also missed being outside. We've found lots of good trails near and far from our apartment to walk and enjoy nature.


Memphis really is beautiful and I love the trees EVERYWHERE. We're blessed to be here right now and call this part of the world home for however long we need to be here.


We've been to the Memphis temple lots. I will always love the temple and peace I find there. The drive to the temple is beautiful and I get to start working there each week as a volunteer.


Justin played with the Grizzlies for preseason and it was so fun going to his games! Geovana and Cameron came with me to one of them & I was tested on how much basketball I actually knew as I tried to explain the rules to my Brazilian friend.


They're such good people and we love them so much!!

We had a baby shower for another sister in our branch. Again, I'm so grateful for an organized church that brings people together so easily. Love all of those ladies!

Memphis 901 soccer playoffs were in October and we got to cheer on our favorite player, Niall! They had a crazy win at the end of this game.


Carved some pumpkins! Justin and I tried to make ours look like that alpaca with sunglasses. Those who saw it might confuse it for a dog. :')

We couldn't let the month go by without finding a church to play basketball in... ;) The gyms were closed for a week during October so we found our way into a church building to keep the rust off of Justin before his games began.

Most of the leaves here went from green to dead. Everyone in Utah was sending pictures from their BEAUTIFUL fall and I was a teeny bit jealous. This was the most fall color I saw and I was grateful for it!

We finished the month off with a Halloween party! I was a witch and my broomstick's broom got cut off from the picture!

It was a good month filled with great people.


Oh, and remember that diamond painting during General Conference? We finished it!!!!!! Then threw it away, because what do you do with a finished diamond painting???

And remember that job I was searching for? I found it!


I get to work for an awesome company called Soccer Shots. The goal is to provide a good environment for 2-8 year-olds to build confidence and character through soccer. My kids are soooo cute and I've gone through lots of hand sanitizer. Only got sick once this month!