8/04/2022

Summer League + 118 Degree Weather

Wowow! I haven't blogged in almost one month. Justin and I have been able to be with family the past three weeks and it's been so nice to be with the people we love!


Our first Summer League came and went. James and Courtlyn drove me from St. George to meet Justin in Las Vegas where we stayed for our first Summer League. I don't particularly love Vegas and now I know I don't love it in July. It was so HOT. But I was very happy to be reunited with Justin & finally watch him play basketball again.


This was a pretty sunset from our hotel. About 5 of the 30 summer league teams were staying at the same hotel as the Clippers. Almost every elevator trip included seeing someone taller than 6 feet.

Playing basketball in Las Vegas is like coming home for Justin. He's played at the Thomas & Mack Center every year of college for the Mountain West Tournament with his USU team. He's won a couple of championships on that court (& lost some hard games).


Fitting too that Raising Cane's was being advertised on the digital billboard!



I've been asked if it's surreal to be living in this basketball world. I didn't grow up watching NBA games hardly ever and there's a lot of things that are still new to me. In the end, this is the adventure we get to live! I never thought our summer would go like this, but I'm happy to be supporting Justin right now & growing through these experiences with him.


The hardest thing has been all of the travel + unknowns this summer. Living in different hotels without a sense of home is hard!


I've had the thought over and over again that faith and family are the only things that really last. I'm grateful for that knowledge & for our amazing family & friends. I've had many people FaceTime/text me randomly over the months just when I needed it <3


We had lots of supporters in Vegas that week that lifted me & supported Justin.




This really is an adventure & Justin is the perfect person for me to be doing it all with. I love him! We found out we'll be continuing this journey in Memphis when we move there the beginning of September. Until then, we get enjoy being with our family, and for that I am so grateful!