I was talking to a friend today about feeling content. I haven't felt this content, consistently for a long time. Obviously, life has different seasons and there are still difficult things happening right now. But I feel very content and happy. I love my little family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This last weekend was General Conference. Twice a year, the leaders of our church share messages of hope and Jesus Christ during a worldwide broadcast to the 18+ million members of our church and anyone else who wants to listen.
These are phrases that stuck out to me from last weekend:
- Don't let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
- Every time we go to the temple, the Atonement of Jesus Christ changes us.
- Be not afraid nor dismayed; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
- When we are in the midst of a storm, Jesus Christ is not the umbrella, blocking the rain from hitting us. He is the rock we stand on to face the storm.
Life is hard for everyone. No one is exempt from trials. But Jesus Christ offers his love, peace, and power to all who are willing to accept Him and keep His commandments, allowing that peace and power to flow into their lives.
- Have an eternal perspective and remember your blessings! Don't get stuck on the cold oatmeal. (Don't sweat the small stuff. and it's all small stuff).
I know there are 100 more things that will stick with me over the next six months as I study these messages and prepare for the next General Conference. I love my Savior. I know that because our Heavenly Father loves us, he has called a prophet and apostles to lead and guide us while we are here on the earth, just like He has always done.
So... back to being content. Now that sweet Emery is old enough to sleep through the night and I'm not postpartum, I have had energy to do things that fill my cup. I've been able to connect more during the week with friends & make new ones! I'm so thankful.
& grateful as always for my Justin. He is so supportive and aware of my and my needs/wants in every phase of life we've lived together. I love him.
Here's some of my content happenings over the last few weeks. <3
Waking up early for workout classes with my friends!!! I don't know why it took me three years to do this but it's been the biggest change and has made all the difference with my mental health. One of the best parts of my week!Dinners, playdates, and General Conference breakfasts.



